Wake-up Calls and Bedtime Stories are two new features at our online Bedding Conference this week. In these two segments, you’ll hear from more than a dozen industry leaders, who will tackle a variety of key issues. Taken together, my interviews with these leaders will give you a broad look at where the industry is today and where it is headed.
You will hear assessments on the mattress antidumping issue, CEOs talk about how their companies have adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic, projections on how business will fare over the Labor Day holiday and what business conditions will look like in the fall.
The conference begins with a social media kickoff at 9 a.m. Tuesday. Here’s your viewing guide for our Wake-Up Calls and Bedtime Stories:
Tuesday, Aug. 18
- Mark Jones, CEO of HSM, our headline sponsor, talks about the importance of being nimble in these COVID-19 times.
- David Binke, CEO of King Koil, sees a big growth year for his company in 2021.
- Jeff Harris, CEO of Furnitureland South, outlines the advantages that brick-and-mortar retailers have in the marketplace.
- Gerry Borreggine, CEO of Therapedic, says he expects an uptick in business for domestic producers because of the antidumping push.
- Becky Greene, executive director of merchandising at Furnitureland South, previews the renovated Sleepland mattress department.
- HSM’s Jones says more out-of-the-box thinking is needed in the bedding industry.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
- Carson Kressley of The Design Network reveals the design inspiration for his red lips sofa.
- Bob Muenkel of Resident Home takes me for a ride in his 2012 Fisker sports car for coffee, and lots of talk about mattresses.
- Michael Faus, senior vice president of Carpenter, says the industry needs to embrace technology to stay connected.
- Jason Harris, founder of The Design Network and co-owner of Furnitureland South, details the remarkable growth of The Design Network.
- Melanie Huet, EVP of Serta Simmons Bedding, says the industry needs to work on its diversity.
- Craig Schmeizer, CEO of the Idle Group, explains how he’s scaling his new company for rapid, profitable growth.
King Koil’s David Binke makes a special presentation to Camp Carefree.
Thursday, Aug. 20
- Eric Rhea, formerly of Leggett & Platt, and L&P’s Holt Montgomery talk about the company’s commitment to its customers.
- Jeff Rose of Nationwide Marketing Group explains how his group his pivoted to embrace digital initiatives.
- Mark Akerman, president of Enso Sleep Products, talks about Klaussner’s global sourcing strength.
- Max McWey of GBS Enterprises details a new branding focus at his company.
- Kara Dunlay, group publisher of Furniture Today, offers her take on the Bedding Conference.
- I wrap up the conference and look ahead to next year.
See you at the conference!
Hi, online readers. I’m David Perry, executive editor of Furniture/Today, and the writer on the mattress beat. Get my musings on mattresses on our web site and on my Twitter feed. And let me know what you would like me to write about in the wonderful world of mattresses.
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DT_Perry