The pictured design from Mary Norris Interiors won in the Outdoor Spaces.
HIGH POINT — The Interior Design Society gathered virtually to honor winners of the 2020 Designer of the Year competition on Oct. 8.
“The Designer of the Year competition demonstrates our commitment to recognize the outstanding work of our members nationwide” said Jenny Cano, IDS executive director. “This year we received a record number of entries, our award-winners consider it a prestigious honor.”
The virtual gala, available to view in full at this link, also honored two individuals that received the 2020 Outstanding Leadership Award, Beth Clark of Portland, Ore., and Audrey Clawson of Charlotte, N.C.
The winners of the Designer of the Year competition are:
- Kitchens $100,000 and above: Interiors by Donna Hoffman
- Kitchens $50,000-$75,000: Melissa Lee – New South Home
- Kitchens $50,000 and below: Tanna Edler – Tanna by Design
- Bathrooms $75,000 and above: Kara A. Bigos
- Bathrooms $30,000-$75,000: Interiors by Donna Hoffman
- Bathrooms $30,000 and below: Juliana Oliveira – Beyond Interior Design
- Living Spaces $75,000 and above: Kirkendall Design
- Living Spaces $30,000-$75,000: Yates Desygn
- Living Spaces $30,000 and below: Barbara Owens – Owens Interiors at Home
- Bedrooms $50,000 and above: Michele Youell- Natural Domain Interiors
- Bedrooms $30,000-$50,000: Traci Connell – Traci Connell Interiors
- Bedrooms $30,000 and below: Bauer/Clifton Interiors
- Individual Impact Award: Urbanology Designs
- Group Impact Award: Dee Manicone, Nicole Delacruz and IDS Long Island
Adelaide “Addie” Elliott is the web editor for Casual Living, Furniture Today and Designers Today. Before being promoted to web editor in May 2019, Adelaide worked as Furniture Today’s editorial intern for a year. Get in touch with her on Twitter at @AElliott_Writes or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.