HIGH POINT – More furniture vendors are joining up for the First Tuesday initiative to attract retailers to vendors’ showrooms here the first Tuesday of each month to talk business and product development with their suppliers.
The event’s first installment is set to start Dec. 1.
So far, 29 companies have confirmed their participation in First Tuesday with Furniture Today. The list to date, with new additions to this update in bold, includes:
- A.R.T. Furniture, 122 N. Hamilton St.
- Chateau d’Ax, IHFC D-1224, 1202
- Cozzia, Furniture Plaza 515
- Cramco Casual Dining, 243 S. Main St.
- Crest Leather, 312 S. Hamilton St., 3rd floor
- Crush Youth Furniture, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Davis International, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Decca Home/Bolier, 2009 Fulton Pl.
- Décor-Rest, Plaza Suites 212
- Emerald Home Furnishings, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Flexsteel, IHFC C-558
- Holland House, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Home Insights, IHFC M-1010
- Jackson Furniture/Catnapper, Plaza Suites 300
- Klaussner Home Furnishings, 101 N. Hamilton St.
- LC Direct, 126 S. Centennial St.
- LEA Unlimited, Showrooms @ Centennial & Green, 4th Floor
- LeatherWorks/Northridge Home, National Furniture Mart 200
- Manwah, Furniture Plaza 412
- Morrisofa Global, Plaza Suites 309
- MotoSleep/Moto Motion, National Furniture Mart 900
- Nice Link Home Furnishings, Market Square Tower, 10th floor
- Palliser Furniture, 220 Elm 400
- Powell Co./Linon Home Décor, National Furniture Mart 100
- Simon Li, Showplace 4200
- Step One, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Sunpan, Showplace 1200, 1650
- Uultis, 220 Elm 304
- Vogue Home Furnishings, Centers of High Point-Russell 113
If your company plans to join First Tuesday, please contact Powell Slaughter at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be included in the next update.
I’m Powell Slaughter, senior editor at Furniture/Today. I returned to the publication in January 2015 after nine years of writing about furniture retail strategies and best practices at a monthly magazine focusing on home furnishings retail operations. Prior to that, I spent 10 years with F/T covering wood furniture, the last five of those as case goods editor. Upon my return to F/T, I developed coverage of the logistical and service aspects of the furniture industry as well as following the occasional, home office and home entertainment categories. In April 2018 I took over the upholstery category, with responsibility for coverage of the fabric and leather stationary and motion upholstery, recliners and massage chair categories.